This is a space for all things that inspire us and we hope will inspire you too. Have something you'd like us to cover or try? Just contact us!
Home & Garden
Flowers & Events
Fashion & Beauty
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and thinking of a gift for a loved one can be tough. When it comes to Valentine’s Day something meaningful is best. You don’t have to spend a lot of money, it’s just about showing the other person you care. Hand make a card and bake a batch of their favourite sweets. BUT, if you want to add a little something special to your thoughtful gestures, I’ve got you covered…Happy Valentine’s Day, m’loves!
1. There is nothing more relaxing than settling down with a good book, a hot drink, and a burning candle at the end of a long day. These Diptyque Candles take relaxation and luxury to a whole other level. Also sold at Holt Renfrew. $65
2. FACT: most girls love sweets. If you’re in Toronto, try Nadege on Queen St. for the sweetest macaroons and the most beautiful desserts.
3. A journal is wonderful for jotting notes and keeping dates. Kate Spade makes the cutest journals with sweet details that are sure to make anyone smile. Also sold in store at Chapters/Indigo. $15-$30
4. Why not go a little Valentine’s Day kitschy and give her something with a heart on it? Shoes, a clutch, or a sweater are perfect heart decorated accessories. If the sky is the limit with your Valentine’s Day budget then I don’t think you can find anything cuter than these Louboutins. $695
5. I have yet to find a girl who doesn’t love flowers, so, along with a bouquet of flowers find a beautiful vase. This owl vase from Anthropologie is just the right amount of cheeky and elegant. Something she is sure to have for years. $20 (on sale)
6. Jewellery is a Valentine’s Day classic…and for good reason! This necklace from Moonrox, a favourite Toronto jewellery designer, is so sweet with the ‘I love you’ tag. $38
7. Trays are great for keeping her shelves and bedside table organized, and how cute is this heart shaped one by Kate Spade? $25
8. Everybody needs a little pampering sometimes. L’occitane has a wonderful selection of lavender scented salts and scrubs. Pictured is the Aromachologie Relaxing Bath Salts. Multiple locations in Toronto. $24
1. The Hudson’s Bay Blanket is a Canadian classic and something he is sure to have for years. Added bonus? It looks great hanging over the back of the sofa in any apartment. Shown here is the knit throw. $135
2. A guy can also use a place to jot his thoughts. The Best Made Co.’s ‘Famous Red Notebook‘ is the perfect amount of masculine and sophisticated. Go one step further and throw in the solid maple mechanical pencil. Book $12, Pencil $40
3. A pocket knife is a great gift for any man. There are countless occasions when one of the nifty arms of a pocket knife saves the day (usually it’s the corkscrew). Pictured is the Swiss Army ‘Huntsman wood pocket tool’ – $56
4. If your guy is into coffee he will be thrilled with any coffee related gift. Give him a bag of freshly roasted beans from a local cafe ($15) or, if you want to go all out, Pilot coffee has a great Aeropress Brewing Kit (pictured) with all the supplies you need to brew great coffee at home. $131
5. Men like to be pampered too. There are many great smelling soaps, colognes, and shaving supplies for men. If you’re in Toronto, check out Gerhard Supply for a small but mighty selection of men’s shaving supplies (and awesome Toronto-made men’s clothing). Pictured is the Crown Shaving Cream. $24
7. Most guys enjoy a good beer. This bottle opener, sold at Muttonhead, is too cool and c’mon…he earned it. $35
Follow along with our daily snaps featuring flowers & events, outfits, recipes, and all things lovely