This is a space for all things that inspire us and we hope will inspire you too. Have something you'd like us to cover or try? Just contact us!
Home & Garden
Flowers & Events
Fashion & Beauty
I’ve been a vegetarian for basically my whole life. It all began when I was about 5 and my brother told me a lie about hotdogs (my favourite food at the time). I haven’t really looked back since. Burgers, and in my case, veggie burgers, are a great summer staple. I have been making this homemade veggie burger recipe for years and am always trying various adaptations of it – you can certainly try adding other spices, vegetables, and seeds or nuts.
Veggie Burger Ingredients
9 large burgers or 12 medium burgers
1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
2 cups cooked sweet potato
1 can black beans
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
3/4 cup corn
2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
2 tbsp sesame seeds
2 tsp garlic diced or dried
1 tsp oregano
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1. Cube the sweet potato and boil it until soft; cook the quinoa.
2. In a large bowl smash the uncooked black beans until about half of them are smashed.
3. Combine the cooked sweet potato, quinoa, and black beans, mashing them all together.
4. Add in all other ingredients and combine totally.
5. Using your hands, form the patties and lay them evenly spaced on a lightly greased pan (will likely take 2 pans or 1 large one).
6. Cook on each side until browned – approximately 15 mins each side (timing can vary based on oven vs. bbq so keep your eye on them).
Top them with your favourite burger toppings and enjoy!
Follow along with our daily snaps featuring flowers & events, outfits, recipes, and all things lovely