This is a space for all things that inspire us and we hope will inspire you too. Have something you'd like us to cover or try? Just contact us!
Home & Garden
Flowers & Events
Fashion & Beauty
I’ve never let the colder weather stop me from wearing skirts and dresses. I hate the idea that as soon as the colder weather hits I have to abandon more than half of my wardrobe! I love to carry my summer skirts into the cold months with the help of a few extra items of clothing. When paired with the right pieces, I find that I can be just as warm in a dress as I am in pants on those cold winter days.
As part of the #FFAWDressUp contest with Farfetch, I’m sharing some tips for how to wear a dress in winter and still be comfortable. One of the main reasons that I started this blog was because of my love for high fashion, so putting together an outfit of my favourite items off of the Farfetch website was basically a dream activity. I wanted to create an outfit that had colour continuity and a mixture of styles. I think that the contrast of the studs on the gloves holding the femininely jewelled purse beside the tweed would just be TOO beautiful. But first, here are my best tips for how to wear a dress in winter.
1. Search for a dress that is a thicker material. Structured cotton and wool knits are perfect.
2. Go for a dress with long sleeves and if you’re wearing a skirt, pair it with a chunky knit or turtleneck.
3. Put on tights! There are tons of different styles and colours of tights. I love these ones here with the seam down the front and back. Don’t be afraid to wear a funky pair and search for a pair that is thick!
4. Toss on a longer coat for extra coverage
5. Trade in your ballet flats for brogues or boots – a little more foot coverage goes a long way. Ankle boots, knee high boots, and thigh high boots are all great. (Pro tip: you can even wear a pair of thick socks under your boots if you won’t be taking them off!)
6. It’s all about the warm accessories! Hats, scarves, and gloves are your best friends when making sure you’re warm all season long!
1. Valentino Pleated Front Knit Dress
2. Etro Tweed Coat
3. Lanvin Golden Chain Hat
4. Dolce & Gabbana Rose Embellished Crossbody
5. Philipp Plein Studded Gloves
6. Henrik Vibskov Tights
7. Dolce & Gabbana Rose Embellished Brogues
Follow along with our daily snaps featuring flowers & events, outfits, recipes, and all things lovely