This is a space for all things that inspire us and we hope will inspire you too. Have something you'd like us to cover or try? Just contact us!
Home & Garden
Flowers & Events
Fashion & Beauty
The Christmas holidays are a time for visiting family, meeting up with old friends, and welcoming drop-in visitors. If last minute plans arise it is still nice to show up with a gift in hand. Here are a few gifts that you should be able to find on a moment’s notice. Key tip: Always have wrapping supplies on hand even if it is just a simple twine ribbon and a small note card; it makes the gift 10X more special.
1. For the coffee drinker. Grab a bag of freshly roasted beans (the Holiday Blend blend pictured is from Pilot) and a nice mug. If you are in Toronto, this KeepCup is sold at lots of cafes – perfect for the coffee drinker who is on-the-go.
2. Put together a savoury basket. There can never be a shortage of snacks over the holidays! Put together a basket of oil, vinegar, olives, nice pasta, fresh cheese and crackers. Winners and Home Sense have great gourmet dry food items (pictured above!). Add some fresh products like cheese and fruit from your local grocery store and you are all set!
3. Something for the home. This candle and so many others can be found at Indigo (a gift-giving mecca). Readily available and in scents to suit just about anyone, a candle is a perfect last minute gift.
4. Gift Cards. Everyone loves to go shopping after Christmas. Why not give your friend the freedom to choose their own gift? Make sure the card you buy suits the person you are giving it to. If you want to go the extra step, give a little something from the store. For example- if it is a gift card to Starbucks, give it with a nice Starbucks mug.
5. Something for their pet! Everyone loves to spoil their pets, so why not spoil them too? Winners has an amazing selection of pet toys and clothing (like that doggie toy above) and your local pet store is sure to have countless treats!
6. Pamper them. Much like the basket of savoury food items, put together a basket of cosmetic or hygiene products – this could be soaps, lotions, scrubs. And don’t think this is just a gift for the Ladies, guys would love this too! It can come from your local pharmacy. Remember – when putting together a basket, presentation is key!
7. Holiday spirits to spread Holiday spirit! Bad pun? Ah well! There is nothing wrong with giving a bottle of alcohol – just make sure it is something the person you are giving it to will like. Want to go the step further? Give all the ingredients for them to make a delicious drink. I’m thinking bottle of wine + mulling spices; or bottle of baileys + hot chocolate mix; or bottle of cider + spiced rum. Get what I’m saying?
8. Special Sweets Delivery. Ship something right to their home or office! If you are in Toronto, shopbake.com offers a 90 minute delivery service on their delicious sweets from local vendors. Choose from a wide selection of baked goods and send them to your friend by the end of the day! To boot – everyone loves getting deliveries.
9. Something seasonal. Decorating the house for Christmas is a fun tradition. A Christmas tree ornament, a special festive serving tray, or a Christmas wreath are great and your friends will think of you year after year when they decorate their house. The ornament above is from Canadian Tire where there is no shortage of Christmas paraphernalia at this time of year!
10. The gift of an experience. Tickets are a great gift, whether they are concert tickets, theatre tickets, tickets to an upcoming talk, or tickets to the next One-of-a-Kind show. It gives the person something to look forward to. Buy your ticket online, print it out and pop it in a card. Ta da! You are out the door in 10 minutes with a gift in hand.
11. Flowers! Of course I would suggest that, right? Seriously though, flowers are a great gift, but make sure you give them in a vase!
Follow along with our daily snaps featuring flowers & events, outfits, recipes, and all things lovely