This is a space for all things that inspire us and we hope will inspire you too. Have something you'd like us to cover or try? Just contact us!
Home & Garden
Flowers & Events
Fashion & Beauty
In my family, buying made in Canada gifts is a top priority during holiday season. As we near the end of Novemeber it is time to tick more gifts off the list…here are some of my favourite Made in Canada Gifts this season!
Whenever possible I buy products made in Canada. The Holidays are a time of giving and it’s a great time to support local artists and independent retailers. Below are the website links to the items above. Check them out!
1. Pretty Tea has many fabulous loose leaf tea mixes. With creatively named teas such as ‘Squirrel in the Christmas tree’ and ‘Cocoa by the Fireplace’ you are sure to find a blend to intrigue even the most seasoned tea drinkers.
2. Hides in Hand carries hand crafted Canadian leatherwear. These gloves are cute and will also keep your hands warm even on the coldest winter days. Mittens: $65
3. Jaqueline Porier The Crazy Plate Lady paints the most creative and beautiful plates. Her plates are painted with everything from a bag of ketchup chips; to Rihanna’s face; to a bright orange Birken bag. I assure you, these are even more beautiful in person! $100.00
4. Dave Murray’s Toronto maps are oh so cool. Words mark the landmarks of the specific Toronto neighbourhoods for which each map is made. $40.00
5. Sydney’s on Queen Street is a great one stop shop for the guy who likes classic good fashions.They carry lots of Made in Canada products and the quality is A+. Top pictured: $148.00
6. The Drake Hotel is synonymous with Toronto. They are the ‘kings of curation’. It’s no surprise that the Drake General Store carries their own apothecary line. This sleekly packaged line with products named after the years of monumental Canadian events has shampoos, conditioners, and many creams. $20 and up.
7. Stephanie Sterjovski’s SS Print Shop is the sweetest online shop carrying all her own designed prints and stationery. Check out the website for adorable prints and my personal favourite – The Paris pocketbook. Paris pocketbook: $10
8. Smells like Canada makes candles that smell like the unique scents that make Canada so special. ‘On the Dock’, ‘Toronto Smoke’, and ‘Calgary Rawhide’ are just a few of the great smells of the great Canadian outdoors.
9. Tuck Shop Trading Co. carries tons of beautiful made in Canada apparel. These neighbourhood hats are super cool and you can find a hat for just about every neighbourhood in Toronto! $38.00
10. Water in My Paint makes the most adorable and beautifully painted prints of animals. I have ordered many of these prints before as gifts. It’s tough to choose just one! Prints start at $10 for a 5×7 and $32 for an 11×14
11. Pip Robins hand makes canvas and leather tote bags that are sturdy, fashionable, and awesome. These bags are perfect for getting around every day. Canvas bag: $159.00
Make sure to Check out the One of a Kind Show which happens every November before Christmas. Many of these artisans will have booths set up along with many more! Thank you for considering Made in Canada gifts this holiday season!
Follow along with our daily snaps featuring flowers & events, outfits, recipes, and all things lovely