Home & Garden
Flowers & Events
Fashion & Beauty
Ooooh it’s watermelon season! It seems like watermelon pictures and recipes are popping up all over my social media news feeds. I’m embracing the fruit and jumping on the bandwagon!
I wanted to create a watermelon recipe that also used a bit of cucumber – I love the two flavours together. I decided on a watermelon cucumber mojito that is oh so refreshing!
To make 1 pitcher (6 drinks):
-6 cups watermelon cubed
– one 2 inch slice of cucumber (the taste is strong so you barely need any!)
-1 package of mint leaves (approx. 40 leaves)
-2 to 3 cups tonic water (however much necessary to top up the watermelon juice for 6 drinks)
-6 oz rum
1. In a blender blend the cucumber and watermelon chunks completely. Strain the liquid to remove the pulp.
2. Juice the 2 limes and muddle together with the mint leaves making sure to break up the mint leaves to release the flavour while muddling.
3. Combine the watermelon juice, muddled mint, tonic water, and rum in a pitcher and stir; top up with lots of ice.
4. Serve chilled in a tall glass and garnish with a sprig of mint and a wedge of cucumber.
* If the drink is not sweet enough for your preference you can sweeten with sugar or simple syrup to taste. I find the tonic water and watermelon sweet enough as is, but it’s your preference!
If you enjoy reading my blog please sign up for my e-mail newsletter! I will be sending out a weekly review with the week’s blog posts and shopping sale alerts – never more than one e-mail a week! 🙂